ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Department was established right at the inception of the Institute in 1986 and is NBA accreditated since 2005. It offers a vibrant environment for undergraduate, postgraduate education and research in Electrical Engineering. Faculty members along with their research scholars and students are involved in various research activities. The major areas of faculty expertise includes Control Systems and Computing, Power Systems, High Voltage Engineering, Electrical Machines and Drives, Power Electronics, Instrumentation, Digital Signal Processing, Communication Systems and Optimization. It is well equipped with modern laboratory facilities and balanced emphasis is laid on both theory and experimental work.
To contribute to the nation, by delivering quality education and creating globally competent Engineers, Innovators and Entrepreneurs with capabilities of accepting new challenges to serve the industry and society.
To create intellectually stimulating environment for learning, research, innovation and promotion of professional and ethical values (M1), to develop a sense of responsibility, discipline, interpersonal communication skills and interest amongst students in various activities leading to the welfare of the industry and society at large (M2) and to empower the students through lifelong learning for self up-gradation and societal up-liftment (M3).
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEOs) of BE (EE)
- To impart sound foundation in Applied Science and Engineering to the graduates, which enables them to formulate, solve, analyze and modify the problems in Electrical Engineering leading to societal benefit .
- To develop analyzing skill amongst graduates for technical interpretation, designing and implementation of innovative ideas.
- To motivate and promote students for taking up new responsibilities and challenges in multidisciplinary projects.
- To equip graduates with integrity, self-upgradation and ethical values so that their skill can be accepted globally.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs) of BE (EE)
- Apply the knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Electrical Engineering fundamentals for the complex problems of Electric Circuits and Networks, Electrical Measurements and Electronic Devices.
- Analysis, solve and design complex problems of power systems and protection systems.
- Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusion in the area of control systems.
- Create, select and apply appropriate the techniques, resources and modern engineering for the study of electrical machines and drives.