The Department of Applied Mathematics has been carrying out the task of imparting instructions in Mathematics courses in the first & second year for B. Tech with a commendable gest. Along with these basic instructions, the effort has been put in so that students are more capable of handling competitive exams. The department also teaches the subjects of Mathematics at the Post Graduate level like MBA, MCA, and MTech programs of the Institute. Highly qualified and dedicated Faculties with a reputation for high-quality teaching is the goodwill of the department.
The department has been recognized as a Research Center for carrying out Ph.D. Program. R&D activities under the following topics: Fixed point theory, Celestial Mechanics, General Theory of Relativity, Fuzzy Logic &Fuzzy graphs, etc., are undertaken. The faculty members are also engaged in interdisciplinary research activities. The department has a very good number of publications in the form of research papers in International and National Journal of repute and books to its credit.
Aspire to enlighten our students and improve their professional competence through mathematics education. As well as to flourish as research and innovation hub.
- To structure and implement an applied mathematics curriculum that is outcome based and holistic.
- Continually enhance teaching and research processes by engaging in value-added and skill-development activities.
- To develop a wide range of interdisciplinary research activities.
- Provide high quality education in the field of Applied Mathematics.
- Continual enhancement of teaching skill.
- Ceaseless improvement in research oriented methodolgies
- Augument overall moral and holistic development of students
The Department celebrates the birthday of great mathematician Dr. Srinivas Ramanujan as Mathematics Day on 22nd December annually by organizing different competitions such as Essay writing competition, Quiz etc . We hope to revive our student’s interest in the inspiring life story of the mathematician as well as rejuvenate their enthusiasm for mathematics itself.