About the club
The Literary Club is a community of literary enthusiasts at BIT Durg joining together into revamping ideas around the college for substantial purposes. As a team, we try to initiate conversations of varied literature facets of society. It is a place where readers, writers, designers, and artists around the college gather together to read, write and express themselves through their contribution to the making of the club.
The Literary Club further organizes various competitions such as Article Writing, Short Story Writing, Poetry writing, etc. We connect with students through social media platforms, informing them about the ongoing activities, competitions, opportunities, etc.
- The ‘Literary Club’ offers a friendly competing setting for students to learn, develop, and express their creative skills - where they can sharpen their creative, analytical, and comprehensive skills.
- The club strives to bridge the gap between students, faculty, and alumni as well. We aspire to provide an arena of interaction among fellow students via the Students Newsletter published from time to time.
- 1. One to Everyone Student Newspaper
- One to Everyone is a student-led initiative ‘for the students by the students’; the newspaper focuses on issues about students via various informative, recreational, and inspiring sections.
The subsections of the newspaper include the Information section, Events section, the Students' section, Fun and Trivia section & the Interview section. Formed on 12th August 2017, to this date, seven editions of One To Everyone have been published, and the team continues to work on upcoming ones.
- 2. Panorama Yearly Magazine
- The Panorama is an annual publication that puts together the best creative work of students, faculty, and staff members. The primary focus of the magazine is to gather all information related to events, achievements, and notable issues within the college.
It also provides a forum where students are entitled to showcase their creative skills through any form. Articles, stories, poetry, drawing, cover page design - these are some of the aspects. The magazine believes in empowering the students in their endeavors.
- 3. Prospectus
- To provide details about the college, Literary Club - along with the faculty members - documents, designs, and updates students with necessary details. The Prospectus covers department-wise, academic and extracurricular activities, etc. for the newly enrolled students to give them a small tour of the college activities.