Civil Engineering Department is one of the first core branches established in 1986 with a mission of offering quality technical education and effective interaction with industries giving special emphasis on R & D and Consultancy. The department is running PG Courses in Structural Engineering and Environmental Science and Engineering. The department is proud of its experienced faculty, well-equipped laboratories and other infrastructure available. The department has been recognized as a consultancy centre for road construction, material testing, structural design, etc. by leading private and government agencies. B.E. (Civil Engineering) programme is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (NBA), India thrice in 2005, 2012 & 2017. The department is having its own computer centre linked to the BIT LAN and advanced computing Lab with the latest Software like STAAD PRO, ANSYS, SAP2000, ETABS etc.
Board Of Studies Committee
1. Dr. S. K. Jaiswal (Chairman)
2. Dr. S. J. Nair (Co-opt by Chairman BOS)
3. Dr. Nishant Yadav (Member)
4. Mrs. Mallika Jain (Member)
To create globally competent Civil Engineering professionals by delivering value based quality education to serve the society.
To put in honest, sincere and focused efforts to create peace, prosperity and growth for all stakeholders and produce globally competent Civil Engineering professionals who will be able to exhibit teamwork, commitment and the zeal to excel in all areas of civil engineering.
Year of Establishment: 1986
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- To equip the graduates to demonstrate peer recognized technical practices in Civil Engineering.
- To produce skillful graduates competent of analyzing, evaluating, designing and construction of Civil Engineering Structures.
- To equip graduates to be committed to the creative practices of Civil Engineering in a responsible manner towards the socio-economic and technical development of the society.
- To nurture ethical and professional values and inculcate lifelong learning and pursuance of higher education and self study.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an civil engineering specialization to the solution of complex civil engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex civil engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- An ability to provide safe, economical and practical solutions to various civil engineering problems.
- An ability to visualize innovative solutions for certain challenges for which existing solutions may not be acceptable.
- A commitment to professional ethics with an emphasis on quality, timeliness and continuous improvement.
- An ability to function effectively as a member or leader of a technical team and effectively manage projects of civil engineering and multidisciplinary nature.
The civil engineering department is a state technical agency (STA) for Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana (PMGSY)
The department plays important role in testing and consultancy both for state Govt as well as for private firms.
Board of Studies Committee
1. Dr. S. K. Jaiswal ( Chairman)
2. Dr.S.J. Nair ( Co-opt by Chairman BOS)
3. Dr. Nishant Yadav (Member)
i. Bachelor of Engineering (Civil): 120
ii. Master of Technology (Structural Engineering): 18
iii. Master of Technology (Environmental Science and Engineering) Part Time: 15
i. Bachelor of Engineering (Civil)
ii. Master of Technology (Structural Engineering)
iii. Master of Technology (Environmental Science and Engineering) Part Time