Electronics and Telecommunication
The Department of Electronics and Telecommunication started in year 1986 along with the inception of the institute.The Department offers B.E(Electronics and Telecommunication), M.Tech.(Instrumentation and Control) and Ph.D. (Electronics and Telecommunication) courses. The laboratories are well equipped with modern experimental and computational facilities. The under-graduate course has been accredited thrice by NBA-AICTE for 2005-2008, 2012-2015 and 2017-2020. The Department has been recognized by the university as the Research Centre in the State for carrying out Ph.D. programme in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.
To create Globally Competent Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering Professionals by delivering Value Based Quality Education to serve the Society
To create a Learning Ambience in the department so as to inculcate Innovative and Research skills and an urge for lifelong learning among students for professional skills and ethical values.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES
- Knowledge of Basic Science and Engineering: To impart sound technical knowledge and skills in science & mathematics related subjects for solving the challenging problems of Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Engineering Design and Experimental Skills: To prepare and train the students with practical engineering problem-solving skills for design and development of systems to meet the industrial and societal needs.
- Higher Education and Research: To encourage the students, with appropriate course modules, in preparing for competitive examinations for pursuing higher studies including research in relevant disciplines.
- Professional and Ethical Attitude: To inculcate ability for lifelong self-learning, career enhancement and adapt to evolving environment with professional ethics.
PROGRAMME SPECIFIC OUTCOMES
- Apply the fundamentals of mathematics, science and engineering knowledge to analyze and evaluate electronic engineering problems of analog and digital circuits, instrumentation and signal processing.
- To demonstrate knowledge and hands on competence to design, develop and test electronics systems in the areas related to communication systems, hardware and software computer systems, VLSI systems and power electronics.
- Exhibit professional and ethical outlook with multi-disciplinary approach, teamwork and effective communication in societal and environmental context
i. B. Voc, Electronic Manufacturing Services with intake of 25 students
ii. B. Tech, Electronics and Telecommunication with intake of 120 students
iii. M. Tech, Instrumentation and Control with intake of 20 students