Information Technology meets the hardware aspects of production with an in-depth knowledge of the software. The stretch of real-time requirement and the technical know-how has created an immense requirement for the professionals in the field of information technology. The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000. The four year degree course is approved by All India Council for Technical Education and had earlier been affiliated to Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University since 2000, followed by affiliation to Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda University since 2005. The course focuses on outpouring technical competence to students to work in the IT sector, to engage them in life-long learning, to make them communicate effectively, and to exhibit leadership skills.
To produce efficient, skilled IT engineers and entrepreneurs, contributing to research and development of the nation.
To attain academic excellence and entrepreneurship skills through exposure to real-time projects and research activities by experienced faculty and good infrastructure.
- To attain academic excellence for fulfilling local and global changing needs through student-centric learning methodologies.
- Exposure of students to real-time projects and research activities through industry-institute interaction
- To develop entrepreneurship skills and ethical values
1. To enable graduates to employ information technology for modern engineering applications in the context of quality, security, and cost-effectiveness.
2. Able to correlate basic sciences with engineering and applying the knowledge in multi-disciplinary technologies.
3. To nurture professional ethics and inculcate lifelong learning according to environmental and societal context.
1. The ability to analyze the problems and develop real time solutions using innovative methods and open-ended programming environments to deliver high quality products.
2. To demonstrate the knowledge of computer networks, communications, operating systems, and hardware technologies.
3. To inculcate effective communication skills, soft skills and information management techniques.
Year of Establishment
* The Department of Information Technology was established in the year 2000 with B.E
*The new course, M.Tech. Programme in E-SECURITY, has been introduced in the
Department in 2016.
* Affiliated to Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekananda Technical University, Bhilai.
* Approved by All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi.
B.E (IT) Year 2000 40 seats
B.E (IT) Year 2001 60 seats
M.Tech (e-Security) Year 2016 18 seats
I. B.E (Information Technology)
II. M.Tech. programme in E-SECURITY