Women Security Cell
Woman security cell is basically internal complaint committee formed as per the provisions of sexual harassment of women act 2013. The members of the committee formed are:
Duties and responsibilities of the committee
- To examine any complaint/suggestion received from women employees/girls students regarding their security and sexual harassment of any sort immediately on receipt of the same and recommend action to be taken on the complaint/ suggestion.
- To constantly monitor the arrangement to insure safety and security of female employees and girls students of the Institute in college campus and girls hostel.
- To insure periodic review of existing arrangements and suggest changes/modification required, if any to strengthen the arrangements for approval of the management.
- To effectively implement the guidelines showed by statutory authorities such as Central government, State government, UGC, AICTE, University etc. in this regard from time to time.
How the committee works
- Notices have been issued giving details of WSC members to all concerns.
- Any complainant can write or contact any of the member of WSC to lodge complain.
- Complaints may be forwarded through Principal also.
- The WSC deliberates the issue, hears the complainants and due investigation is carried out.
- The WSC than recommends the steps to be taken to Principal.
Frequent Programs are held at the institute & girls hostel to make awareness among the women, staff & girl students about their rights & safety issues. Girl students are also given guidance about their personal growth & career issues.