The Cultural activities, games and sports are integral part of education. The institute is having a sports and cultural committee headed by a professor incharge along with members to organize various events.
- Every year national level techno-cultural fest OJAS is organized by the institute in which many students participate in various extracurricular, co-curricular and sports activities.
- Every year state level cultural, technical and sports competition is conducted by University. There is a structured process for identifying the talent amongst the students for participating in state and university level competitions. The intra and inter department level competitions are conducted for the above process. College teams are formed to take part in University and other intercollegiate competitions.
- SPICMACAY, BIT Durg Chapter organizes various programmes annually to promote Indian Classical Music and Culture amongst Youth. Several renowned artiste of International and National fame have visited our institute and have performed different art forms during “Utsav” and “Virasat” series like Padmbhusan awardee Dr. (Mrs.) N. Rajam , violinist, India’s first Grammy award winner Pt. Vishwamohan Bhatt inventor of Mohan veena , Dr. Malbika Mitra an eminent Kathak dancer Ms. Bharti Shivaji most promising Mohini-attam dancer, from the folk jhau dance from West Bengal , Kalbeliya Dance from Rajasthan etc
- The Vista club of the institute also organizes various cultural activities.
- The astro and clicks club of the institute also organizes various activities.
- As per the guidelines of university the institute has formed a NSS unit of students and staff. To develop ethical values, NSS conducts various social activities like blood donation camp, spreading awareness about traffic rules, creating awareness about natural disasters among the student community.